Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Or actually no...

... but very prompt and helpful customer service

"Hello Mike,

Thank you for your interest in NeoPaint.

>> I am trying an evaluation of NeoPaint, and would like to ask how,
when I
>> use a free hand selection tool to select part of an image, can I
save
>> that selection as a tiff file with a transparent background. In
other
>> words, how can I save part of a picture as a photo object with a
>> transparent ['checkered'] background?<<

You can save a selection to a separate file using the Edit menu's "Copy
To"
command. The selection will be saved with a white background in the
format
your choice. Whether the saved image is interpreted as transparent
depends
on the requirements of the morphing software. If the morphing software
interprets the white background as transparent then it will work. If
the
morphing software needs a special kind of transparent image containing
an
alpha channel then it will not work. NeoPaint does not currently
support
alpha channel transparency.

Customer Support
NeoSoft Corporation"


Though maybe I could reduce the photo object in NeoPaint and copy and paste my own selection on it [?] since I can at least drop PO's in there and alter them before saving them and then importing them into FantaMorph, still as transparent background Tiffs...

No comments: