Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Yes!

Now able to alter images in Neopaint for Windows, and save as 32 bit with transparent background.



So far software I find useful is -
* Sqirlz Morph [free] for swirly organic morphs, and manic morphs without a fixed boundary,
*Fantamorph [trial, £25 pro or 50 quid deluxe]. It helps with multiple morphs [sequences] and the 32 bit thingy. Deluxe gives face finder and extractor [not necessary] and a face mixer [useful], though I'll see if the pro version keeps the screen capture button, which would do the job.
*NeoPaint for Wiondows trial - the 32 bit thingy again - £25 pounds.

*also I'm looking at WinImages, £50, £25 quid reduced price for Paint Shop Pro owners, which looks handy.
*Also trying a trial of a Stop Motion Pro, which has cromakey; - a blue or green screen solution.

I'm surprised there's no free/ low cost 2D cartoon/photo/maquette animation programs using morphing for tweens, unless I've misunterstood how the lower end animation and stop motion programs work - they seem to use objects, drawings or cutouts, and the computer animates the 'tweens, but they don't seem to be geared to the sort of morphing photo-manipulation I'm interested in, morphing between different poses and faces to animate a single object or person over time.
But maybe I've misunderstood what they [Toon Boom, Anime thingy, Stop Motion Pro, Flash] all do, and how they work.....

Sqirlz water Reflectionss is fun - I'm still trying to find a way to have moving immages in/as the background, so I can have layers of action.
Maybe [not sure] WinImages can help with that, or even this NeoPaint program?
I can pick gifs apart and paste forground figures onto a gif sequence, frame by frame, then animate them, but it's a bit labour intensive...

I'm waiting to upgrade my computer - just waiting for the graphics card - because it can take half an hour to save a sequence, load it onto a file sharing site and then post it.

From here on I'll call mixes beween two people or objects um.. mixers. The way ahead, for several reasons, seems to be animating mixers to tell a story.
I'll call the photos I use for a project key frames. A standard morph has just two.
Whatever the computer does will be 'tweens.

Another thought. Something - a body part or whatever - which travels across the body causes 'turbulence' with morphs. Perhaps it could be on a seperate layer, if I crack the layers of movement problem?
Sometime I'll need to look at lip-synching solutions to see what I can do about that, and introducing sound.

Talkies!